Everglades at Night

Here are a few short videos taken at night at my research sites.  Pardon the video quality as these were taken with my cell phone.  I'm a little rusty on my frog calls so can anybody identify these sounds?  I think I hear an alligator in the background too.  Make sure you turn the volume all the way up otherwise you may miss it.  Comment below if you can identify the sounds and bonus points to the person who can give the scientific name! 








This last one is more for show.  There was an impressive lightening storm north of us that lit up the sky for most of the night.  Don't worry, we were far enough away that it posed no threat to us.














Comments

  1. How about a cricket frog (or a few)? Acris gryllus? Also that last video is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Researching Algae, the Unsung Heroes of Aquatic Food Webs

What the inside of an alligator smells like